Movie Reviews: Wall*E and Bolt

Costco had a Disney DVD sale, and so we decided to take advantage and get a few. We got Wall*E and Bolt, which we'd never seen before.

Wall*E was good. It's got some tree-hugger overtones to the whole movie, but it's not near as bad as Day after Tomorrow. It's an interesting movie, because there are large portions where there is no dialog. It's a really cute love story though. There were a few things that didn't make sense, but overall it's a good movie. Not as good as Monsters Inc., but a keeper anyway. This film is rated G, and I agree with that rating.

Bolt caught us both off guard. Within the first five or ten minutes, I looked at Erica and said, "I guess we'll need to put on our seven-year-old mentalities to watch this movie." A few minutes later I said, "scratch that. Put on your five year old mentality." We were just about ready to turn it off, but we decided to just watch it, since we're planning on having a five year old one of these days. And we were glad we did. The movie quickly improved, and soon had us laughing. It had some good humor that definitely targeted people over age five. I laughed for an entire minute at one bit of humor centered on the cat in the show. Erica laughed at that and many other parts, too. We'll enjoy watching this one again. This film is rated PG "for some mild action and peril" (cover's words). I would rate it somewhere between a G and a PG - it's got the same kinds of elements I remember from watching G.I. Joe or He-Man or something. Stuff blowing up, people in danger, that's it.

In summary, if you have the opportunity, I would recommend that you see both of these movies.

Comments

Gramps said…
I've seen Wall*E and I liked it. I've not seen Bolt.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results