HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!



To all of my little daughters, who are "in the trenches" of raising children: I just want you to know that while your little ones are small and pretty much incapable of showing their appreciation to you for all that you do, it doesn't go un- noticed nor un appreciated! I thank the good Lord each day for my great kids and kids in law that are doing such a great job of raising their children. More importantly, I know that Heavenly Father notices and appreciates the sometimes HARD work you do to be a mother...especially when all the kiddo's get sick at once! (Hope that isn't the case in Albuquerque while Cambrie is there with her munchkins). Anyway, I am not telling you anything that you didn't already know... but I wanted to say thanks for your love and diligence and dedication to being the best mother you know how to be! I love and respect you for it!

About the picture: THIS is why you plant perennials in your yard! After being gone for 5 weeks when not a weed was pulled, nor anything else that has to be done to make it beautiful (minus Kims mowing of the grass that he JUST LOVES DOING :) ), I was bracing myself for an ugly yard that needed a lot of work...so I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Oh, there are 1,000's of weeds to get, but at least to the passerby, it looks pretty good! Made me happy and grateful to my Heavenly Father (my flowering cherry tree has NEVER looked so good!)

Comments

Gramps said…
It was a great mothers day. Chad/Erica/Emmy spent the morning at our place..Emmy had a nap and the adults played "Wise and Otherwise" and we had a nice lunch. They left just before church and right after church Brett & Katie showed up with stories of their Oregon trip and spent the evening. What a nice day....except I had to do the cooking and the dishes. This morning I woke your mom up and told her mothers day was over so get to work.
Cambrienelson said…
The yard looks nice. I'll be the air smells good around there right now.

Mothers day was good in NM. Brigham made a very tasty dinner (and spent like 2 hours making it). It is fun to hang with the dastrups for a while although I miss my husband.

Kiera and Benjamin are having fun together. It is funny to see Benjamin try to get Kiera to play boy games. Kiera likes to randomly give jacob hugs which is cute.
Erica said…
Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day. We loved spending time with you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results