Informal poll

On Saturday we had a great dinner with Gronemans, Gronemans, and Dastrups. It was nice to see everyone but I was so busy doing things and had different grandkids doing different things that I didn't get to spend nearly as much time with each child as I wanted to. The net result was probably kids thinking I didn't care for them any more :-( In a world where I was king (HA!) I would probably only do big family dinners once in a blue moon where everyone is busy fixing food and cleaning up almost the entire time then leave for home. Instead, I would rather go to Walmart, get some pizza's or BBQ pork and have FUN instead of work. The food wouldn't be as good, but the company would be better. Just taking an informal poll to see your view of things. ??

Comments

Chad said…
Thanksgiving is for excellent food. Don't get me wrong - I love good food, but it's definitely not worth it if you feel like you're not getting the quality time you want.
Cambrienelson said…
Amen and amen. You must have recently read a posting on my blog : )
I'm all about relationships being built and not impressing each other with our culinary skills.
(not that I am around to participate in these great feasts)
Katie Groneman said…
Here's an additional thought...

There are so many grandkids on my side of the family that my parents invite one family per month (usually for fast Sunday) for dinner so that it's not quite as hectic and you actually get a chance to talk. But, we also have so many kids around, that usually they just want to play with each other, and most don't notice that they didn't get to hang out with Papa Phil.

We still have our big parties, but probably only a handful of times a year.

Also... you guys did a lot for this latest feast. Maybe we could each do a little bit more and you'd have more free time. Or go for pizza - I like meat lovers, myself, and I've actually grown to like peppers.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results