An evening with the Dastrups

After work yesterday we headed up to the Dastrup ranch.  I walked into their living room and Ty came running up to me wanting to be picked up with a big smile on my face.  It made me feel good for a minute, but then I found the REAL reason he was thrilled to see me.  As soon as I picked him up he said "Emmy here?"  Cute little scamp.  It makes me smile to see some cousin bonding. Christa fixed us a good dinner of some sort of fried noodles with chicken & Fetta cheese.  Pretty tasty.  Never had it before.   Benjamin wasn't thrilled with it.  Christa/Brigham/Marilyn went to see A Tale of Two Cities at the Hale Center Theater while I stayed with the boys.  Jacob spent most of the time at the computer playing some sort of word game.  I'm surprised at how he knows how to click the mouse, etc. Benjamin had a couple of friends over playing basketball in their basement and Ty spent a little while with them but it was soon time for them to go home.  We had sort of a crisis because we couldn't find "bear". We searched high and low and all around for about 20 minutes.  Finally Benjamin found bear behind a basket.  [whew!]  Little Ty would go around calling "Bear!.....Bear?!" With bear firmly in hand Ty was ready to go to bed.  No muss, no fuss, he just laid down, said goodnight to me and bear and went to sleep.  Next I put Jacob in his bed...he smiled and reached up for me and so I leaned down and he gave me Jacob hugs for a few minutes.  I gave him his karaoke and covered him up and said goodnight.  I expected I'd have to put him back to bed a few times.  Nope...I went up about 15 minutes later and he was sleeping right where I left him on the bed.   Benjamin and I then had a rousing few rounds of Hungry Hippos.  After he got tired of that he said he wanted to do some art so got out pens and paper.  I asked him if he wanted to make paper airplanes...and he said he's never made paper airplanes before so that's what we did!  We drew some nice decorations on our airplanes then flew them which was fun.  Sometimes they would go far and sometimes they made some loop-de-loops, depending on how the wings were bent. Benjamin went to bed just after 8pm and read for a while.  I got on the computer for a bit, then read for a bit,then, expecting Marilyn to be back a little after 10pm I laid down on the couch just to rest my eyes until she got back.  The next thing I knew it was about 11pm and the gang had returned and were waking me up from the couch.   Delightful little boys to spend some time with.  Thanks for dinner Christa!

Comments

Marilyn said…
Thanks for dinner AND THE PLAY (which was a Merry Christmas from the Dastrups to me). The play was really well done. I have never read the book, so it was all new stuff to me. It is set for half the time in Revolutionary War France. It was a blatant reminder of how horrible man can be to other men...but also inspiring to see how love can lift a soul, and set him on a happier life. And to see the final sacrifice that one made for a friend was very moving. Great play, great food, and great fun with my family! Thanks for a great night, Dastrups.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results