For the last 4-5 days Benjamin has been crankier than normal-- prone to mini-fits and crying spells. I thought he was acting tired, but I didn't know why he would be any more tired than normal since nothing had changed. Tonight I found out why. About 20 minutes after I put him to bed, I needed to get the laundry out of his room. I knew he was still awake because I could hear him, but I expected to find him playing in his bed like always. When I walked in, he was at his car table, playing with all the cars we had put away only a half an hour earlier. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I'm having a play date. It's okay, mom. You can just leave. You don't need to worry about it-- I'm just having a play date for awhile. Go on out." What a funny boy! I told him that we don't have play dates at night and let him choose a few cars to take to bed with him. Not long afterwards he was fast asleep. Hopefully I'll have the happier Benjamin back tomorrow!

Comments

Marilyn said…
A play date huh??? Well, that is one you kids never tried on me! Must be Dastrup terminology! Funny boy!
Gramps said…
That boy is a thinker.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results