So.... I went to the Doctor and the Doctor said, "No more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!!!"

You got me. He didn't really say that. He said I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. It's where my body is producing antibodies to attack my thyroid. There's two possible outcomes- 1. My body decides it doesn't need to attack my thyroid, and goes back to normal. 2. My body destroys my thyroid, and I have to take pills the rest of my life.

I'll take option 1, please.

I have to go in every couple of weeks to have my blood drawn, so they can monitor what's happening. Hopefully things will return to normal. I'd appreciate any prayers to that effect that you might be willing to offer.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I also vote for option 1.

We'll be praying
Gramps said…
Definitely #1. Yer mom had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and had to have her thyroid gland removed and she is, as you know, addicted to daily pills. By the way, nice picture Punkin.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, I like punkins picture alot better than yours! Well, Chad, I guess you know who you got that from! Mine was all but dead, and that and the fact that it was severely overgrown with lumps (and considering the fact that Anne had thyroid cancer) helped them to decide to take it out. But there was no cancer...and there are no side effects from taking synthroid...so either way it's not that bad. Still, of course I will pray for you. It is obnoxious to take pills. What are they going to do if it continues to be Hyper thyroid?
Chad said…
They gave me a prescription for beta blockers (or something like that - it's for blood pressure or something, but also works for hyperthyroid symptoms). It just treats the symptoms; we have to wait to see how it turns out.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christa said…
Hmmm. You and Cambrie really ought to stop competing for "the Most Medical Attention" award. It's really overrated. Well, if outcome #2 comes to pass, you, Mom, and Jacob can throw a synthroid party and exclude the rest of us.
Chad said…
Jacob's on synthroid? I didn't know that.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results