"Pregnancy Brain" I've got it. It is pregnant women's forgetfulness or mind "cloud". I was reading for just a minute about it online looking for a good definition to quote. There is one theory that it is caused by the brain strinking a bit (temporarily) during pregnancy. I dunno-- all I know is that I've got it.
2 weeks ago I showed up to my doctor's appointment at 11am only to find out that the appointment was at 11am the NEXT DAY (which I should have known since my doctor only works wednesday). Then, 2 days ago I got all ready to go for my doctor's appointment on tuesday AGAIN. I had got a babysitter, notified the pharmacy and my dietitian. twice in a row? that's pretty bad. Good thing they have those reminder phone calls that told me that my appointment wasn't until wednesday otherwise I would have showed up to the doctors office a day early (again).
I can't remember some of the names of my BEST FRIENDS in the ward.
Steve asks me things but all of my answers have to be that I'm only 75% sure (since I've discovered I can't be sure of anything while pregnant).
This ol' brain just ain't what it used to be. Maybe the Lord makes pregnant women forgetful so that they don't remember how much *fun* pregnancy is when it's all done.

Comments

Gramps said…
Who are you again?....
Christa said…
My brain has never recovered. It used to be that if I didn't know where something was it was because someone else moved it-- I could be sure of it. Now all I can be sure of is that I just don't know where that something is. Oh well.
Gramps said…
So THAT'S why Marilyn is the way she is.......... (grinning, running, and ducking..............OUCH!)
Cambrienelson said…
Cake, I don't know if you were serious of not, but I don't think you could still have the problem. I definately got my mental capacities back after the first pregnancy. I feel like I'm a little on the airheaded blond side all of the time right now.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results