I never imagined that at the age of 26 I'd have a doctor tell me I was overweight and I need to go on a diet to prevent high blood pressure and other issues. It happened yesterday (on my birthday!). My doctor instructed me that since I'm not willing to give up my feeding tube that I should eat "a piece of fruit for both breakfast and lunch, and some veggies for dinner". Sound like fun? Who out there has the self motivation to do that? Well, I'll make an effort, but not a very strong one. I'm just going to have to be non-compliant to this request. I don't particularly like being chunky, but there are worse things.

Buff-- how is nursing school?
Dastrups-- how was Boston?
Erica-- how is pregnancy?
Bert-- Are finals coming up? Will you then have a break?
Chad-- how's your thyroid?

Comments

Marilyn said…
About the "being overweight". You lost 15 lbs to begin with...so you have gained a little more than that back...doesn't that make you like 5 pounds over your pre-pregancy weight? And you weren't overweight then, so what is her deal when you are now 5 months along...doesn't she think it is good to get back to where you are?
Gramps said…
Hey fatso, what happened to "eat all you can" ?
Unknown said…
Nope. Finals ain't coming up any more. They finished ten minutes ago! And I will have a break, beginning . . . 10 minutes ago! ...Even if it is only for a week.

BOOYEAH!

And I agree with you with being non-compliant. Good job.
Erica said…
It seems a little strange to me that they'd tell a 5-month along pregnant person she's overweight. If they were telling that to you at 5 months, I don't even want to know what they tell me at 3.
I'm humongous compared to how I was 2 months ago. Only one pair of pants fits me (barely), besides the new pants Chad came with me to find (which was an experience all in itself). But those ones are too long, so I need to hem them. Anyway... :) It's fun going through this together. :)
Cambrienelson said…
it was good that I regained the weight that I lost, but now everyone agrees that it's time to SLOW DOWN the weight gain. I've gained 30 lbs!!!!! So, I had my banana for breakfast, a small salad for lunch...... if I don't slow down my weight gain I'll be 100 lbs overweight by the time I'm done with this pregnancy.
Chad said…
I went to the doctor today, and my thyroid is the same as it was two weeks ago. They need to monitor it until it changes.

They took more blood. I needed cookies & OJ afterwards, but they didn't give me any.
Gramps said…
Demand cookies and OJ or you won't give them any more blood. Glad it's no worse. (wish it was better)
Chad said…
Update: Doctor says the problem is pretty much the same. The chemical levels actually increased a little.

I find out more in 6 weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results