So, Cambrie asked about the pregnancy, and I figured I could update everyone here.

Everything's going well. I have yet to actually throw up, which I feel is a great achievement for me. But smells are really starting to get to me, and I wake up every morning between 4 and 5 and have to eat. Most of the time, Chad peels an orange for me or gets me whatever, and that's enough for me.

I am SUPER tired (almost all the time--it hits me all of a sudden) and it takes me twice as long to get anywhere or to get ready in the morning. Poor Chad has to wait on me all the time (although he tells me he doesn't mind). He's the perfect husband--so sympathetic and attentive to my needs!

As long as I'm going slow and have some food in me ALL THE TIME, I feel totally fine. It's when I hurry places or when there's a lot of movement in the car or when I haven't eaten for a while that I start to feel nauseated.

Our first doctor appt is May 21st. We'll keep you posted. :) I think I'm farther along than 7 weeks (maybe 8?), but we'll see what the doctor says.

Comments

Erica said…
I should clarify that I don't feel TOTALLY fine, but I feel well enough to function. I have yet to be my normal self, but that tells me that the baby is growing. It's when I can't feel anything that I worry! :)
Cambrienelson said…
Glad to hear that you are doing mostly well and that Chad is a good husband. Pregnancy is a crazy thing! It does all sorts of crazy things to a person!
Hopefully the tiredness will go away in a few weeks (that is what they say typically happens).
Gramps said…
Hey! I thought *I* was the perfect husband. I'm with you though. I wake up between 4 and 5 and have to eat........
Marilyn said…
Honey, that is something I have never accused you of :)
I think you must be mixing yourself up with Stevo...

Erica, I hope for your sake that the tired phase passes soon. With EFY responsibilities and YW Pres, in addition to your other duties, you don't have TIME to be tired, do you?
Christa said…
Glad to hear that it hasn't been too bad for you thus far. Isn't it so weird to be pregnant? We are so excited for you guys!!!
Erica said…
Yes, it is very weird being pregnant. I don't know how I'm going to feel from one minute to the next, but it'll all be worth it!

And yes, this is an interesting stressful time in my life with everything going on, but it all works out. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results