I was over with mom yesterday while Anne took my dad to his eye surgery. Things seemed to go pretty good for him. But I guess the proof of it's effectiveness is yet to come.
Mom was hard to engage in any conversation because she had her own conversation going on with the unseen people in her life. Sometimes, not realizing that I was interrupting the unseens conversation, she would ignore me and then when she had answered that conversation, she would say, "Now What did you say?".....
I have decided that she must not ever be too lonely, because she always has as many of us to talk to as she wants, evidently.
I have been impressed with her ability to remember facts about Chad and Erica. She said yet again yesterday (on her own) how thrilled she is to see Chad so happy as he is since Erica came into his life, and how grateful she is that he found such an awesome girl to marry (aren't we all?). I think perhaps she is able to remember more about them because they go to visit them about once a month (for REAL). Still, she doesn't remember much about my visits, so maybe it is just burnt into her memory by Chad's happy smile that he has had since finding sweet Erica! Anyway, I find it heartwarming to see my mom who remembers precious little, remember that. I wish the rest of you kids were close enough to spend a little time with her and dad in their last years. But even though most of you can't...there is always the phone or the mail. And I know that whatever they get out of their grandchildren is a thrill for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results