Alzheimer's Brain. I've got it! It's what happens when you are over 50 and are the daughter of another victim!
Yesterday was the worst! I was reading my scriptures when I realized that I needed to be leaving to meet an appointment time time with a distributor of spouting seeds in AF. So I took my scriptures in to take care of them and tell Kim I was leaving to do some shopping. When I got to the car I noticed that I still had my scriptures. I had forgotten to drop them off in the bedroom. I shook my head, but decided I would just take care of them when I got home. Then I went to the appointment. When I arrived, I reached to get my purse and I had.....THAT'S RIGHT!! SCRIPTURES!!!!. Turns out, when carrying scriptures, the brain can be faked into thinking that it actually has ones purse! (They ARE the same color and weight) but, it also turns out that one cannot buy a lot on a shopping expedition with scriptures (never mind that they are truly a priceless possession of mine!!) So I went to the bank, and had to talk them into letting me take my money out because I had no identification! But I got it...and proceeded back to the appt location, but the lady never showed up (she was having her own "senior moment" I found out later).
Ok, so one would think that that was perhaps enough distress was had due to a failing brain, but the day was NOT OVER!
We had another couples dinner last night over at mom and dads. Ann and I went early to clean the place, so I had my bucket full of cleaning products with me. When I arrived, I went to put my keys in my pocket, but alas and alack, I had no pockets in my pants. So the next place I will put them is in the pocket of my purse.... When I got out of the car with my purse, I remembered that Mom has taken both my purse and Anns before when we were at her place. Mine, she took to Highland and left it there. Annes she had just hid. So I decided to lock my purse in the trunk so that it would be safe (we have a trunk pop up in the inside of the car). So then I took all the stuff for the dinner and cleaning supplies in. When it was time to go I realized that I had Locked my purse in the trunk of the car, and that it was locked! Aurrghhh! First time I have ever locked myself out my my car in my life! But Kim was there with the Jeep because he had to come late as he sold an ATV and the guy was coming then to pick it up. So I went home with him. When we got home, I set the cleaning supplies down and heard a jingle...and YUP, there were my keys! So I wasn't locked out, but we STILL had to go back later to retrieve my car! I HATE MY BRAIN!!! That was really adding insult to injury! I was so distressed that I had 2 such exasperating experiences in 1 day thanks to my failing brain, that it was hard not to let it get me down.

So, news from the family? Not much. Alissa is flying out to join Tom in Virginia next Friday. Anne will keep their children for a couple of days, and then fly out with them like, a week later. Anne is really struggling with having the McBrides leave. She is very close to Alissa.
My dad is having eye surgery this coming week...he has recently discovered that he can't see well enough to drive at night anymore. He told me he was having cataract surgery before, but yesterday he said it was some other problem. So who knows? That is about it on news. Michelle graduates with her RN this month, and Sarah is "doing SO much better!" according to Garth. So good. Now you know.
Pray for my brain please people! It needs Heavenly intervention!

PS I get to see ALL 3 of my girls this month! And we are gonna see Chad and Erica again (and hopefully Brett and Katie too) on the 9th when we celebrate Chads 28 birthday together! So life is good. Hopefully, I will be able to remember that!

Comments

Christa said…
Funny story! I hate to tell you this after a post of this topic, but Alissa's last name is actually McKnight. The McBrides are our close friends from Baltimore. :)
Unknown said…
You don't remember me coming over and dropping off your keys in your cleaning supplies for you so you could get in the car?

:)
Erica said…
Great story! A fun start to my day. :)
Marilyn said…
I rest my case...

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results