Brigham and I returned late last night from Brett's old stomping grounds in North Carolina. (Actually we were in Chapel Hill and Durham, and I don't think that Brett actually ever stomped there. But we thought of him anyway.) We left the boys with some friends so that I could go to Brigham's interview day at UNC with him. I'm very glad that that I was able to go for many reasons. The first of which is that I was able to take our car into a mechanic while Brigham was interviewing. (It started stalling every time we got to a stop light after we arrived in NC-- and in case you're wondering-- yes, this is the same car that broke down between his interviews in Pittsburg. You can all start a guess chart on how long it's going to survive. Winner gets the Orioles dice hanging on the rear-view mirror.) To make a long story short, though, we were both very impressed with the program and the friendliness of the people there. It has moved to the top of our rank list for now, so if Brett has any warnings to give us about NC, he'd better do so quickly!

Comments

Marilyn said…
Go, New Mexico or Utah!!
Go, New Mexico or Utah!!!
Go, New Mexico or Utah!!!
Gramps said…
Eat some NC BBQ for me. I've wanted to taste it ever since Brett raved about it. We updated our Comcast stuff and the cable guy saw Brett's plaque on the wall (Cambrie, where's my plaque!?!) and said he was from NC. He misses the BBQ and some fast food place I've never heard of. CK: What about the program brings it to the top of your list? The friendliness of the people I can understand myself.
Unknown said…
North Carolina hu? I hear that the schools there are great. That is, schools other than public education for children, which is pretty much the bottom of the barrel. And about that "concerned" thing, I fear for your children if you should live there long enough to have them go to school there. They'll start talking like southerners. That would be tragic.
Cambrienelson said…
I wouldn't mind if you guys were in N Carolina 'cause Steve's brother is out there doing his residency at wakeforest and so we could do 2 for 1 visits.
BBQ is really good- probably not so good for you.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results