Memories of Treasure Hunting....

I remember on the morning after Halloween Brett and I would get on our bikes and roam the neighborhoods looking for candy on the ground that had been accidently dropped by some poor unfortunate soul. We usually found about 10 pieces of candy each. I don't know why we felt the need to do this-- as if we didn't have enough candy (we were usually the first trick-or-treaters out and the last one's in on Halloween). I decided it must be the treasure hunting instinct in our blood. We come from a family of arrowhead hunters, metal detectors, etc..
You'll all be glad to know, I resisted the urge this year to get on my bike early in the morning and go and look for candy on the ground.


Comments

Gramps said…
Just so you know, your mom picked up, I think, three pieces of candy this morning on our AM walk. You never grow out of it.
Unknown said…
Yes, I remember those times. We must have been starved for candy.

I slept in this morning though.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, and the dumb thing about that is that I won't even eat it. But with memories of Virginia's way of passing out Halloween candy, we actually broke down and gave 2 pieces this year! FOR REAL! Hey, I figured with the temperature hovering around freezing, that they deserved it.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results