So, here I am, again. YES< AGAIN!! I did a nice long blog yesterday, that somehow got sent into the nethersphere...later Cambrie retrieved it but the computer got turned off and now it is gone forever (Violin music is appropriate here Brigham), so I am starting over!!!

Today, the Santa Anna winds have raged fiercely all day. Alls I can say is that if there were indians that lived here 150 years ago, they didn't live in tepees or theres no way in heck they had any protection durring this season! The apartment trembles under its rage, and dirt blows in nice little piles under the door seal, and the gas fireplace howls relentlessly. The first little pig wouldn't have stood a chance here either. Honestly, I weathered a hurricane with the Dastrups in Maryland, but this has felt worse.

Now to start over on the long blog that I added yesterday. It was about the star of the show, Kiera.
I thought I was coming to California to help. But I am here to tell ya, that Cambrie doesn't need any help, from Steve or I and she has both! Kiera is the EASIEST newborn that I have ever had the privilage of taking care of! She is amazing! She is so patient! AND Easy! She only got up once last night in 10 hours of sleep! Cambrie gets her 8 hours sleep, no problem. Kiera seldom cries, and when she does, it is very sweet and not loud. When she is hungry she mostly just acts like a baby bird desperately trying to suck on anything in range. She hates a pacifier...forget that! And she is incredibly strong for a newborn. We got video today of her pushing herself along, I am sure the Nelsons will add that to the blog, and she would have already turned over, if she didn't have arms. She is very STRONG.
She mostly just sleeps. But when she is awake she thinks that it is time to EAT! But she is mostly just a very sleepy baby. I hardly feel like I am getting to have enough time with her. Cause I can't feed her, and when she isn't being fed she is mostly in bed.
AND Steve got permission (kinda a paternity leave thing) to telecommute at home for the next month, so he is here too. Cambrie isn't needing either one of us as baby is so good. So I am thinking that I will probably come home this Sat, since the Nelsons are planning on coming in a few weeks for Christmas anyway. I don't know though. If the wind is still whipping like this Sat, I will likely stay put! It was pretty crazy on Monday driving in some areas of the desert because the wind was driving the sand, and in some areas the visibility was pretty bad, and that wind compared to this, is NOTHING! I really don't want to take on this kind of wind for that far. So honey, maybe you better start saying your prayers that they die down by monday! (the Nelsons will be helping you now.)

Well, I am sorry that you all are missiing out ot this DARLING Sweet wonderful baby! Such a sweet little bundle of JOY from Heaven. Cambre and Steve are very happy, as they should be.!!!

Comments

Gramps said…
Pushing herself along...this early?!? This video I MUST see. Sounds like the perfect child....why didn't we ever have any of those? Sounds like the Nelsons have things well in hand...I can get my wife back sooner! You said they would be there for the Groneman party...is that a definite? Steve can telecommute from our house...we have wired and wireless computers. More details on their travel plans please.....
Christa said…
Thou shalt not covet thy sister's perfect baby... thou shalt not covet thy sister's perfect baby...thou shalt...

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results