Chad's review of Google Checkout

I used Google Checkout for the first time today, and am very happy with it. I was buying a backpack online to hold the mammoth of a laptop work gave me, and when I was ready to check out, I noticed a link to pay with Google Checkout. I clicked on it, having not set it up previously. Since I was already logged on to Google's personalized homepage, it prompted me if that was the account I wanted to set it up for. It asked for the basics - Credit card number, billing address, phone number. Very easy to set up. When I was finished, it automatically took me to a google page with my shopping cart already there. It prompted me to log in again (I was happy with this since I usually stay logged in to google on my computer, and don't want others using my google checkout), and it asked me if I wanted to give my email address to the merchant, or if I wanted Google to act as a proxy and just forward me the reciept. That's what I chose, and that's what Google did.

The whole process was easier than Amazon, where I already have things set up. I give it 5 stars. * * * * *

Comments

Gramps said…
In a nutshell....explain what Google checkout is.
Chad said…
In a nutshell... To make your purchase, just click Google Checkout, and Google has all your information stored. Google acts as a proxy to pay the company. It makes buying from not-so-big companies easier.
Unknown said…
Looks like someone found a way to have their computer bot post on our blog.

And I agree with the Google checkout thing. I've read about it and I think it's a good idea. I just haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results