I rather doubt that we have any Oprah watchers in this family..(I don't watch her either...but she has come up with a good thing: "The Pay it Forward" challenge. She gave each member of her audience $1000.00 and a video camera and 1 week to do the most good they possibly could with the money for someone else-neither friend or family...maybe someone they barely know. I will have Kim attach some links to this so you can read more about it if you're interested.
Anyway, the recipient of the challenge lives in Lindon and they came with the videocamera yesterday to the Humanitarian Aide Project I was at. They did quite a bit of videotaping RoseAnn Gunther (whose efforts she started 17 years ago gave rise to the church's Humanitarian Efforts) They also videotaped us in action (we were quilting at the time). If hers is selected they will be showing some of what she taped on the Oprah Winfrey show!
YUP! you got it kids! Yer ma may be FAMOUS for a millisecond on National TV!!! I could hardly sleep last night for my excitement (J/K guys!!)
Anyway, Oprah has done some huge giveaways on her show before (like everyone in the audience gets a new car) but in my estimation this is BY FAR the best. It is going to be a fun one to watch...but I don't know when it will be on, so I will probably miss it, since I don't normally watch. So if any of you figure out when it is gonna be on, let me know. I would love to watch, not to see if I am on cause I doubt I will be, but to see some of what happened thats good with those who took the challenge. That is my kind of stuff!

Comments

Gramps said…
Wow. You could be famous. And to think...of all the fish in the sea, you gutted me.
Marilyn said…
What was it bj said about us attracting odd people? Have you considered your parental units...
"of all the fish in the sea, you gutted me?"...not quite a normal thing to say...but I still love him, so that makes me odd too. Oh well, at least I have company.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results