Good and Bad News on the Nelson front: No, Cambrie isn't back in the hospital (that's the good news), but Kiera picked up a nasty bug. Poor little thing who usually goes to bed without a peep at 6 pm for the night was crying, sobbing, fighting, thrashing about for most of 5 hours last night. Poor Steve! He has become Kiera's heavy favorite. Cambrie used to be. But hooked up to IV's and feeding tubes really limits her getting down and personal with her and she doesn't say 1 word to 100 of how much she used to say, because she is still hyper-salavating which dehydrates her further, if she talks. As it is she has to drag around that pole for 2 many waking hours...so she doesn't want to add to the amount of fluid that gets put in. So, Steve, who is WAY cute with Kiera anyway, was the one she wanted. He must have felt like he had been wrestling for hours by the time she went to sleep and didn't wake right up.
It would be Bad for Cambrie to get this stuff of Kiera's (it would likely put her back in the hospital), and if I get it there goes my $300.00 plane ticket to NYC in 1 week. Non-refundable, but I could not take any kind of bug into an apt with a new baby. So it would just be a flushed amount of $. I have decided I will never buy another ticket anywhere that isn't with Southwest. Southwest doesn't fly into the right airport in NYC area ...which is why I didn't buy with them. But I wish I had. It wouldn't have been money wasted at least. The taxi would have probably cost $50 (I think So.West landed in New Jersey), but that would have been preferrable to loosing a $300 flight. Anyway, if you got any extra prayer time...
Malesa had her baby girl Sunday, C section. She had been in labor, for a long time...many hours with no progress, so they took her. I need more details. Andrea just told me that they started her Friday night, and guy said that she was born Sunday morning. Malesa must be exhausted.

Comments

Christa said…
You could get a hotel in NY instead of flushing your ticket. While it would add to the expense, it isnt' prime time tourist season so I bet you could get a decent price. It's better than wasting your ticket!

I'd love to know more details about Malesa's baby when you get them!
Gramps said…
I'll reserve comment until I find out if the money really is totally wasted or not.
Chad said…
You can catch a commuter train from New Jersey (Newark) to NYC for $14, and then buy a subway pass that will last a while for $20...

But it's not fun if you have luggage.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, well, Southwest is the plan, forever now. I went to an Urgent care facility covered by our insurance today and got an rx for a z-pack. EXPENSIVE LITTLE BEASTIE! COST $45, ALONG WITH THE 25 DOLLAR COPAY AT THE DR OFFICE. So I Hope it works!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results