Well I'm home. It was strange to be home after living in a hospital for a month.

Here is the run down on me and my situation. I'm nauseated, but a much lesser degree than before. I puke 3-5 x daily. I can't talk much because I've got a mouth full of saliva (can't swallow it because it makes me puke, can't spit it out because it dehydrates me). I'm VERY weak which my dietian says is normal since I starved for so long. I'm 115 lbs (down from 133). I've got my feeding that goes directly into my gut that I"m attached to 24/7, and then I've got an IV pole with my IV fluids that I'm attached to from 6pm until about 11AM which makes going anywhere impossible and it is difficult to push the IV pole across old carpet navigating between toys all while protecting my 2 lines from being pulled on my a certain little lady. I've got slew of IV medications to give to myself throughout the day. I spend the afternoon and evenings watching constant movies in order to distract myself from my nausea which gets pretty bad during the second half of the day. BUT I must say that I'm very glad to have my feeding tube and that this pregnancy is so much easier than my last one!!!!!! I'm 11 weeks pregnant today-- 29 more to go!

Thank you dad so much for sacrificing your wife to take care of me. I can barely take care of myself and my own medical/hygiene needs, there is no way I could care for Kiera too!!!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
ps-- thank you for all your prayers!!!
Chad said…
CAMBRIE!!! Glad you've made it out of the hospital. Good to hear from you, too.

I have some movies you can watch. I'll send you a list later, and you can pick which ones you want to watch & I'll send them.
Christa said…
Welcome back, Cambrie! It's good to see your not-so-smiling face! Just so you know-- there are easier ways to lose weight if that's what you want to do! :)
Marilyn said…
I brought down 2 full boxes of movies, so she is set for a while.
Gramps said…
Speaking of which, as of yesterday we are officially back on "Limited Basic" for Comcast TV. For how much we watch the extended channels, it's just not worth it.
Erica said…
Cambrie, it's so good to see you on the blog. We pray for you everyday. You can do it!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results