The latest on Cambrie. WISH I had good news to tell you. I don't. They took her back into surgery tonight. She seems to have an intestinal blockage. But I am not sure they are going to fix that or just move the tubes that the put in the first time. They are thinking that perhaps the reason the feeding tube stuff keeps backing up into her stomach is that the tube has moved from the intestine into her stomach. So they want to fix it if it has...I would think that they could clear the blockage while they are at it...but we'll have to see when she comes out of surgery again. Poor kid, she had finally gotten over being sore from the last go around, and now she gets to start again.
Kiera misses her mommy to be sure. Much insecurity there. Tonight, Steve showed up with his parents, and when Bev tried to hold her, Kiera starting crying and clinging to Steve. I am certain she was thinking, "The last time I went to that woman, I didn't see daddy or mommy for a week! Not a chance!!"
Cambrie doesn't want me to let her have her favorite blankie all of the time,but to take it away from her between naps. Sorry...NOT HAPPENING!!! That blankie is the only piece of security she's got going now...they couldn't pay me enough to take it away from her!! She has had a rough couple of last 3 weeks, being passed from person to person, none of them the person who she really wants. Her little world has been turned upside down...nope, the blanket stays! Those of you interested in voting in on the Blankie issue may leave your ballot below!!!

Comments

Brigham said…
My vote: Cambrie's her mom. She is going through more than just about anyone I've ever heard of. Tell her what you think but let her decide what to do with her daughter. It's the only parenting she gets to do right now.
Marilyn said…
Just so you all know that we aren't really in a war around here over the blankie, when I told Cambrie I felt Kiera needed to keep her blankie and why, she didn't protest. She wants Kiera to be as happy as she can be under the circumstances too. Yesterday, even WITH the blankie she was a basket case pretty much all day, and I was about ready to turn in my grandma badge and go home!
Stevo said…
I also say let Cambrie decide. If you asked for a vote and so far the voice is, "let Cambrie decide" then you should probably listen to the majority like you requested. No point in asking for our opinion if you don't listen to the opinion.
Gramps said…
I just hope you folks make the best out of a rotten situation. Poor Cambrie having to deal with everything she is dealing with (I can't imagine). Poor Kiera not understanding why her world is being turned upside down. Poor Steve for having to have the infamous Mother-In-Law move into his domain, and poor Grandma for having to do her best in a world that is not her normal domain. A lot of give and take has to happen in this type of scenario from all involved and it's not and optimal situation for anyone. On the first vote, I would have to say Cambrie is the mom and should decide, however, on your second message it appears we didn't have all the information needed to "vote". You work it out with Steve and Cambrie. They are the parents, you are the helper. Sounds like you're making this work...good job. I miss my wife.
Marilyn said…
The way I see it, although there are some difficult adjustments for all of the above mentioned, at least those of us over the age of 1 understand why we are making them. Kiera doesn't understand. She has lost the person her universe revolves around. Even when I take her to the hospital to see Cambrie, because of Cambries incision into the abdomen, she can't really even hold and love Kiera, which she doesn't understand either. Of course she has Steve which she loves very much too, but Steve hasn't been near as involved with her because he is the student...so her life isn't as connected to him. Really, I wasn't asking for a vote to decide. I was in my usual misunderstood way, just being goofy with the polls that we keep hearing so much about. I am the one putting up with the fall out from Kiera's upside down world, so I get to decide. I am doing what I believe is best for Kiera in present circumstances. If anyone else would like to step in and take my place, I will bow out.
Marilyn said…
The way I see it, although there are some difficult adjustments for all of the above mentioned, at least those of us over the age of 1 understand why we are making them. Kiera doesn't understand. She has lost the person her universe revolves around. Even when I take her to the hospital to see Cambrie, because of Cambries incision into the abdomen, she can't really even hold and love Kiera, which she doesn't understand either. Of course she has Steve which she loves very much too, but Steve hasn't been near as involved with her because he is the student...so her life isn't as connected to him. Really, I wasn't asking for a vote to decide. I was in my usual misunderstood way, just being goofy with the polls that we keep hearing so much about. I am the one putting up with the fall out from Kiera's upside down world, so I get to decide. I am doing what I believe is best for Kiera in present circumstances. If anyone else would like to step in and take my place, I will bow out.
Gramps said…
Me! Me! Oh...wait...I can't.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results