Incase you all don't read our Nelson blog (which you all should), I'll update our weekend.
My feeding tube got clogged (AGAIN......WHY DO THESE PROBLEMS ALWAYS HAVE TO HAPPEN ON THE WEEKEND WHEN THE DR IS NOT AVAILABLE????) so I ended up on the hospital. They tried multiple times to declog it but failed so they had decided they were going to have to put in a new tube. The 2 doctors came to have me sign the concent form and decided to try once more to declog it and lo and behold it worked!!!
Since I was not fed with my tube saturday or sunday I got to see what my life would be like without tube feedings: much like my first pregnancy. I vomited every 20 minutes all day long and was MISERABLE. I had Steve knock me out with some medication at 4pm yesterday after I got home because I couldn't take it anymore. I slept until 7am (a nice medicated sleep). I'm super weak today, but doing better otherwise since my feeding tube is working.
I am SOOOO grateful for this feeding tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Gramps said…
I don't know how you can stand it. Quit shoving sour straws down there and I'll bet your tube clogging issue will go away.
Unknown said…
I'm grateful for your feeding tube too when it works. I had a 4-hour or so episode of vomiting yesterday, and developed a new sense of sympathy for you. Sorry CAN.
Katie Groneman said…
...and I have developed a new sense of sympathy for Steve.
Christa said…
Glad it's working again. Didn't anyone ever tell you to chew your food? :) So how are things going now that Mom is gone?

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results