I've grown up. It's a hard thing to do, but ya can't stay 18 forever. I'm one of those old married types now.

My car's "GOLINUX" license plate has been retired. We went down to the DMV a couple of days ago and got a new plate. It's boring - "A62 4EU". Now, instead of people looking at my plate and saying "Golly-nux? What's that?", they'll say "Aye sixty-two for you. What's that?"

I also got one of the new Utah plates. The ski one since I never really liked the Arches one. But it does look a lot like it was designed by a U of U student. Oh well.

The good news is that I still own the rights to the "GOLINUX" license plate in Utah. I'm thinking that I probably won't use it again, even though I'm still passionate about Linux. I might see if Novell wants to buy it off me.

I hope y'all never need to grow old...

Comments

Gramps said…
Why is it retired? Too expensive?
Erica said…
I told him he didn't need to do it, but he said it's something that has to be done, that he has to be more normal now that he has a wife.

I have to admit it's a sad thing, and has changed the personality of "Golinux" the car. We'll be finding a new name for it soon.
Gramps said…
Geez... you old folks. Myself, I refuse to grow up.
Cambrienelson said…
what are you talking about "old"? you didn't recently have a birthday or anything.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results