Kim is requesting an update on Cambrie...so you all get it too. Recovery is slow. She is very weak. Just getting up to take a shower get dressed and lay back down just exhausts her! I asked her today if it was possible that she just isn't getting enough nourishment to help her gain her strenght. She said that she is getting enough, but the dietician told her that she won't really get her energy back until she gets her pre-pregnancy weight back. She lost 18 lbs, and she has only gained 1.
Another thing that has been a problem twice in the last two weeks is that Cambrie has had to unhook herself for different reasons twice at night, and forgot to turn her IV back on before going to bed. That means that she isn't getting her meds that normally come via the IV line, so she wakes up feeling really LOUSY, and has a much worse day the next day. I told her she ought to put a rock, or her scriptures on her pillow, and never move it at night until all tubes are functioning right. The thing is, it is an easy thing to feel like she is set, when she isn't. She was still hooked up to her pole all night, she just forgot to unlatch the thing so it could run.

I do say, that the Azithromycin is making me feel MUCH better, but will it be enough by Saturday morning? Who knows? Kim suggests getting a surgical mask and wear it the whole time I am in the apartment. I would do that. So, Brigham, would that make their environment safe? And if so, where would I buy them? I would also need to call Malesa and get her approval if it is deemed safe.

Cambrie has it figured out for people in the ward to come HERE and help her if I do go to NYC. That way, Kiera wouldn't be made so insecure. She would still be in her environment and mommy would still be here. They would only need to be here for maybe 3 hour shifts at best, and there are a lot of people who really would like to help her. Cambrie and Steve really "cast their bread upon the waters" when they moved here, inviting tons of people to their house for fun dinners etc, so those people and others are anxious to help "the bread return to them". Cambrie was able to go to church for the first time this last Sunday. Her backpack was on with her bag of liquid food going through the tube into her stomach. Anyone who saw her will KNOW now that this is probably the most difficult pregnancy THEY HAVE EVER heard of. They don't realize how much worse the first one was! I wish I could take her nausea for a day and give her a day off! She needs it!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I must comment that life isn't all doom and gloom. I am VERY grateful to have my feeding tube. Although life is hard right now, I've been places that are MUCH worse. I can make it through this one day at a time (with help) whereas I didn't think I was going to make it through each hour during my last pregnancy.
Christa said…
It's good to hear that you still have a positive outlook on all of this, Cambrie. We hope you continue to get feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results