Grandpa's Situation: You all know what's happening, but I want this recorded just to have the history. Grandpa broke his hip today. He was getting out of bed and reached for the wall to steady himself...but the wall wasn't where he was expecting it to be. He fell and hit his head and, now we know, broke his hip. I heard him yelling through the furnace vents. The paramedics came (if one more paramedic/fireman would have shown up we would have had to build an addition.........reminds me of the joke "how many paramedics does it take to screw in a light bulb?") We didn't know for certain he had a broken bone until they did x-rays in the emergency room. He had about 9 stitches above his left eye. The medicine doctor says his EKG shows some heart fibrillation but he's not going to worry about that until after his hip surgery. I was hoping to see the bone doctor this evening, but he hadn't shown by the time I left. I'm hoping to see him in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results