At some point in my life, I want to buy a home. I'm hoping that will be towards the end of this summer, but that might just be wishful thinking. Anyway, I am thinking about it. One of the big inhibitors is the cost of a home. They're expensive. Anyway, I got looking at foreclosure options today, and I'd like to know if any of you know of anyone who has ever bought something through a foreclosure sale. I'm trying to learn about it, but don't know where to look, and Google isn't being as helpful as it usually is. From what I can tell, properties that are foreclosed on go up for auction at the county courthouse. But I can't find anywhere that lists the properties (Not without paying a membership fee). I would think that these auctions would be publicly available. If you go to the teasers of some of the commercial foreclosure sites, they hint that some properties that are normally around 200k are available for half of that. I might be able to afford half of that. I also need to find out if I can get a loan to bid on a foreclosure house. If not, that kind of messes things up. That's why I'm interested in finding someone who's done it before.

Comments

Marilyn said…
I know that the house that Garth and Julie are in they got on a heck of a deal because it had problems. I am not sure if it was a repro. or not. Today is my dad's Bday and we are meeting at Syds for dinner. I will ask them if they know anything.
Cambrienelson said…
Steve went to court just 2 months ago to bid on one. We found the add in a local paper. Steve's dad says you just call up a bank and ask them for a list of forclosures.
You don't actually have to get the loan in order to bid. You just have to have a letter from a bank stating that they would approve you for a loan.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results