I was just finishing making dinner when there was a knock on my door. I opened it to find a lady and her daughter on my doorstep looking confused:
"I take it Ruth doesn't live here anymore."
"No, sorry-- she doesn't"
"that would explain why she hasn't answered her phone for months. I've been calling and calling her"
"yes, we moved in here in march"
[looking behind me at the picture of Christ on our piano]... "hey, are you LDS?"
"yes, are you?"
"yes. I was Ruth's visiting teacher and I've been trying to get ahold of her forever!"
"....than.....you guys must be in my ward"
"oh, well.......yes.......but we don't really go. We need to come back I know. I keep meaning to......"
(speaking to her daugher) "ok, well I direct the music in primary so maybe I'll see you sometime k?"
"ok"

RANDOM! Why would someone be so persistant about doing their visiting teaching when they are inactive in the church?
Also of interest: so this Ruth person who lived her before us was LDS. Well the person who lived here before her was also inactive LDS and happens to live across the street from us now. strange

Comments

Marilyn said…
Humm. Maybe it is a sign! Youre supposed to help be that person to bring her back in.
Yeah, strange. Obviously if she ever did do it she wasn't bothering to report it done, or the supervisor would have bothered to tell her they were moving.
Gramps said…
It's a sign alright. Everyone that lives in that house goes inactive.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results