Dear Ann Landers


I'm not going to mention any names, but there's a girl living in my house that is doing a picnic tonight (home-made orange chicken--VERY yummy!) followed by the musical Guys & Dolls. She's going with a BOY and when I mentioned that she should have fun on her date she rebuked me (Buff would pronounce that as "re-bi-'you-ked") saying "it's not a date b/c they're splitting the costs 50/50. A date is only when the guy plans it and pays for it, end of story."
If you're doing two events like these with the same guy--that she's recently been hanging out with a lot--is that not considered a date? Am I in the wrong by thinking this is actually a date? Please let me know...

Sincerely,
One who thought he was right but isn't right for thinking he's right because the person who's always right said she's right

Comments

Unknown said…
Dear Mr Right--

Yes, I too would confirm your suspicions that the discussed event was a date. 2 people male and female having having dinner and a show (especially a fancy-shmancy show) qualifies as a date.

Ann Landers
Cambrienelson said…
And cambrie agrees too (first comment not actually by bert)
Gramps said…
Just go to the source and look up THE DEFINITION OF A DATE. Pay particular attention to definition #7

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results