This playhouse has become an obsession for both of us! And while Kim's end is winding down, my end is just getting going. I painted the exterior of it on Friday. Shoulda been faster than it was, but those trees that we love around it were very much in the way! And the ground was very lumpy and bumpy and so I had to level it out so that I could wedge my way up (between the tree and the fort) to the second floor and paint the outside and upper trim which is about 14 feet up there...so it took all day. Now that the sheet rock is done, I can figure out what to do with paint and apply it on the interior walls. Then theres the drapes and couch to make...and it goes on. We are both excited about it...and end up thinking about it instead of what we should be doing at times. Probably we're much more excited about it than the grandkids for sure for now. Hopefully their excitement will grow when they are a little older! One thing is for sure. I don't think either Kim or I had any real notion of how much work this would take before it got started...but we keep thinking up new ideas to improve it, and so it goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results