How I spent my holiday

Usually I'm up camping and enjoying myself over the 4th...not this year. With the possibility of grandkids coming later this summer I want to get as much done on the playhouse as I can so I spent my holiday working on it. The "fort" part is almost totally done. I got the roof on (so there won't be any more rain) and have started on the 12 volt light system. I still have a lot to do on the bottom part.
This picture is just to make Christa salivate. (click on picture to get the full effect) Our apple trees are FULL of green apples....this picture is after mom thinned them. They're not ready to eat yet but give them another month and they will be.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Isn't Gramps the GREATEST for sacrificing his holiday to built this magnificent play area for his grandchildren? It's a lot of work...but he is doing good! Yesterday he had to get on top of the roof to secure the trim around the edges. With his fear of heights, THAT WAS BY FAR HIS WORST DAY of working on it! Made him physically ill!
Erica said…
The kids are going to LOVE (!!!) it! It's what they'll talk about when they're older. Chad still talks about the playhouse over at Grandma and Grandpa Haslem's house. Looking great!!
Cambrienelson said…
We are so excited! Kiera will love it. Now all I need to do is get plane tickets!
Christa said…
Wow! That playhouse is huge! And those apples do look YUMMY! Wish you weren't so far away!
Marilyn said…
Yes, Christa, that is exactly what we were just saying! So fix it!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results