Update on the Haslem Grandparents

I just thought I would give you a glimpse of my folks lives. As expected, things are getting worse. For the last couple of days, most of the day mom has thought that my dad was her dad. It upsets her when they go out to eat that her dad won't go back and get Acel to go with them, as she wants him to come along too.
Yesterday, while we were there, she thought that Ann and I were her sisters. She didn't really act like she knew we were there, although we were in the same room with her. Entirely different than she used to be. And my dad thinks he recently had a small heart attack, and was anxious to show Ann and I where all his important documents are so we know where the info is after he dies.

Dad requested that we ask our family members to join together in a fast this Sunday (fast sunday) to ask the Lord to release mom from this life. He doesn't want to die and leave Mom in a situation where she will have to be in a lock down unit/care center. I concur with that. I know that you have mixed feelings about that. Mom is someone we all love...but she isn't happy with life at present and it will only get worse.
Of course, we always add:"Thy will be done"...but it is in the best interest of mom and dad that she not have to linger here in her miserable state. I hope you will all join us in a fast in their behalf. Love you all!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I'm sorry to hear that it is worse. Poor grandpa must be having a terrible time!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results