Our Einstein

Yesterday I was on the treadmill when Benjamin came in all concerned about some bug that was in the bathroom. The night before he'd been bitten by a mosquito and was therefore all freaked out that the unknown bug was the offending blood-sucker. He said, "Mom! Come quick! There's a big bug in the bathroom! I think it's a mosquito-- only it's bigger. It looks like a behemoth mosquito!" I was floored. "Did you just say behemoth??" He assured me that he had. I asked where he had learned the word, but he said, "Nowhere. I just used it." What on earth??? I don't think I knew that word until I was in my twenties!

Comments

Marilyn said…
So, do you want to ask him for me what it means??? :)
Breanna said…
my goodness gracious! You have a genious on your hands! I've never used that word ever!
Chad said…
I understand what it means. I can't say that I've ever used the word in my life.
Gramps said…
Wow...he's a hyperarticulate sesquipedalian. I usually just limit myself to grandiloquent
speech.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results