How time flies

I was looking at THIS PICTURE Erica posted and it made me smile but it almost made me cry at the same time. For some reason this picture just really reminded me of what is beginning to be a long time ago, yet it is still vivid in my memory: When I was a young married guy with my first child who was a cute little redhead and I just adored her and loved playing with her and I used to ride her on my shoulders. Another generation is starting to sprout. Before you know it Benjamin or Kiera will be announcing their engagement and the cycle starts again pushing Marilyn and I even further back up the genealogy tree. I love my kids and grandkids! It's so fun to see what fine people we have in our family and it makes me happy to see my little ones smile...but there is just a tiny tinge of sadness around the edges of that too as those memories of mine become further in the past.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I'm already moarning my girls growing up so I have a little taste of how you feel
Christa said…
I may not ride on your shoulders anymore (lucky for you), but you can still adore me all you want!
Marilyn said…
your not close enough, or cute and little enough for him to enjoy that way anymore. But we still adore you!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results