Whats up with us







Lydia has grown up quite a bit this week. She is cruising furniture and thinking about taking some steps alone. She likes me to help her walk (hold my finger) but I dont' do it much. Her new favorite things to do are to climb and to use a spoon. Lydia is constantly climbing on things. She loves kiera's yellow rocking chair and spends most of the day climbing on and off of it. She loves it when I back it up to the couch so she can climb onto the couch too. She'll climb up our 2 step stepping stool (which i'm not so excited about) and she'll climb onto the stool next to the toilet in order to play in the water (so I have to keep the bathroom door closed). Her other love is playing with toy (or real) spoons and bowls. I now give her a spoon to hold while I'm feeding her so she can "help" too. We make a mess but it is better than battling her for the utensil! Oh, she has added quite a bit to her vocab lately. She says dada mama, snack, all done, (drink duck and dog are all "da!") and I think she says "baba" for pacifier. Oh, and she can point to an eye and say "ahey".
Kiera has come a long way with potty training. Hopefully it sticks this time even when we go on our trip to Utah. It is nice to have it mostly done. Nice not to have to spend $100 a month on diapers anymore.

Steve went on a bike ride with his scouts down the coast for 3 days this week. We missed him severely. He had a ton of fun showing off his buffness to all of his 14 year old boys.
I've been busy with potty training and with Lydia's infected ears this week trying to be a single parent. (Oh, and taking Kiera to swimming lessons ever day too). Tough week, I'm glad its over.

Comments

Gramps said…
Kiera is being such a nice little mommy feeding her dolly and Lydia.
Christa said…
For what it's worth, I read that kiddos have ear canals that are flatter than adults', so in order to avoid ear infections you should always give them liquids with their head higher than their hips so it doesn't go into their middle ear and cause infection. I read that when Benjamin was a baby, and be it true or not, I've always done it, and I can only think of one ear infection total in all of my kids. Your picture of Kiera feeding Lydia made me mention it. I'm sure genetics comes into play as well, but with all of Lydia's ear troubles, I thought you might want to try it.
Marilyn said…
I am glad you survived your bike ride stevo! Looks like Kiera is learning to be a good little mommie! Cute kiddos!
Cambrienelson said…
Thanks for the tip Cake. I knew that but obviously I don't do it all of the time. Its very tempting to do it when I change her diaper because it is about the only way to get her to hold still for 20 seconds.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results