Cambrie update:

Yes, my tube clogged yesterday but thankfully it wasn't a huge deal to get it fixed this time. AND...the doctor gave me the wire so that I can manually de-clog it at home. I was VERY surprised that she did that becauses nurses are never allowed to to do anything like that even in the hospital. Only GI doctors do it. But, I've not it. Also, next friday the doctor will put in a tube that is almost twice as big in diameter so hopefully it will stop clogging.

Yes, Kiera has been very sick. Took her to the doctor today. Ear infections on top of the nasty viral bug she's got. This too shall pass.

I'm surviving life ok now. I have buff over twice a week to help out for a few hours. Buff is wonderful to play with Kiera and help me with cleaning. I send kiera to play at a friend's house twice a week, and then I randomly invite people to come over for play days. I manage life alright under those circumstances (as long as kiera is healthy and my tube is working). I'm not exactly the best housekeeper, cook, or playmate for kiera-- but we are getting by from day to day.

steve is busy preparing for finals week which is 1 week away. Kiera misses her daddy (who is now her favorite person). I'll be glad when he has a break for a few days and play with us!

Comments

Chad said…
What's plans after finals? Does Steve get a break? How long? Will he be able to help you out?
Marilyn said…
I am grateful that Buffy has become such a great help (when she has time). Next weekend she will be done with her class, and then she should have more time to help you until and unless she gets into the Nursing Program that will be starting the first of April. She passed the test to clep the pre-req. class she missed today "with flying colors"...so we will see what happens.
Cambrie, it seems like most of the time (I saw) that your tube got clogged, it clogged just at the end of your feeding...what if you just got rid of it a little before it ran out to avoid that last bit that wants to clog? I don't know. Maybe that wouldn't make a difference.
Gramps said…
I'm just glad that you sound a little more upbeat than you have recently.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results