I'm going to be an L.V.N!!!!! All sing praises and rejoice!!! I got into my program that I've been trying to get into, which is a miracle...and here's the story:
So there is an entrance test to get into the program that is basically like a slightly advanced ACT test (english, reading, science, and math). I went and bought the book and was studying for it all week beforehand and whereas I felt comfortable with the reading and english sections, I didn't feel quite as secure in the math and science sections. I was scheduled to work the night before the test and since the test was from 8am-1pm, I asked a co-worker to work for me and she agreed, saying she needed the hours anyways. Unfortunatly I didn't get it in writing and she didn't show up to work that night and they called me into work just as I was settling down to study some more and go to bed. Needless to say, I was kindof upset and very worried about working all night and then going to take the test the next morning but I studied as much as my tired mind would let me and then went the next morning from work to go take the test (praying the whole time). I took the test and got some pretty good scores but I was concerned that my science and math score was going to keep me out...but they called me yesterday at 4pm saying that i'm in the program! Yeay for me! I then proceeded to celebrate by eating some cocoa puffs for dinner... :-)

So I have another interesting story to tell you all. So Easter, I was scheduled to work a morning shift (6:30-2:30). So I was working and I took one of my patients into the shower room to have a shower and one of my co-workers was giving one of his patients a shower at the same time. My co-workers patient is one of my favorite patients and he's always asking me when I'm going to marry him and I always tell him "maybe next week". Well he asked me and I responded as usual but then my co-worker asked if there was a boyfriend application that he (my co-worker) could fill out. I thought that he was joking but later realized he was serious when he persisted. Well, I kindof avoided the subject for a while trying to think of a good way to let him down easy when it came to me! Like a bolt of lightening! It was genious! So I told him I would consider going on a date with him if he went to church with me. He agreed and I got all excited and called our ward mission leader to let him know I was bringing someone. So we go right after we get off work and we get there and there was only 2 people in the class that I was supposed to take him too: They had forgotten that it was easter sunday and that usually singles go home to spend it with their families. I was very disappointed as it was also his mom's birthday so he couldn't stay for at least priesthood meeting. But we sat with him and talked with him for about 30 min explaining to him the basics of our church. As we were leaving he said that "he had never felt anything like that" and that it felt really good and he was interested in coming back. He's from the phillipines and he said that when he came over here, he thought all americans were the type that are too busy for God and only go to church once in awhile...he was very impressed on how dilligent we are about our religion. So yeah... that's my interesting story.

Well, entry is coming to a close. I know how much you all enjoy reading my novels that I put on here about once a month or so... I do my best to keep up my reputation as such :-) So yeah, the only other news that I can think of that I have left is that I finished my HHA (home health aide) class today and got my certificate so I can now work as a HHA...yeay me! Anyways, that is all for now...TTYL!

Comments

Gramps said…
[pat][pat][pat] good job. So...you say you CAN work as an HHA but my question is WILL YOU work as an HHA?
Christa said…
Good job, Buff! So you will continue to be a California girl, huh? That's awesome about your coworker. Way to be a missionary!
Cambrienelson said…
Good for me... I've talked both of my younger siblings into nursing careers! Congrats buff!!! You'll never be free from working holidays again : )
BUFFY said…
Yes daddy, I am searching very diligently for a HHA job. I want to get out of working at nursing homes as soon as possible... and yes, this means I will be a california girl for at least another 20 months (as it is a 20 month program)
Marilyn said…
Hip Hip Hooray!!!! As long as she doesn't marry some California guy (unless he is as good as Steve, and plans to move to Utah!)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results