I had another tube-clogging episode yesterday. Thank goodness it didn't happen on a saturday again. I was FINALLY able to see the stomach doctor (who only works weekdays). He fixed my tube and wrote me a prescription for stuff I can use to de-clog it myself if it happens again.
I made a point while he was working on fixing my tube to really connect with him. I thanked him profusely for putting the tube in for me and told him how much it helps my life. I asked alot of questions and made him really connect with me and like me. It paid off too because he told me that if there is a problem with my tube he will come into the hospital on the weekends and fix it for me. I asked "what if you are not the Dr on call?" and he went and got the other doctor from another room and said to him "this is Cambrie Nelson. If she calls with a problem with her tube on the weekend, please come in and fix it for her" and he agreed. (Normally stomach doctors only come in on weekends for emergencies such as bleeding). It takes me a few days to recover after my tube stops working so I'm not doing so hot today, but hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

PS- the doctor told me "I've never seen anyone with as much abdominal muscle as you. Do you do alot of sit-ups or something? It was very difficult to make a small incision through such thick abdominal muscles" I guess I'll take that as a compliment.....but then again.....most people who get these feeding tubes are over age 70.....

Comments

Gramps said…
You probably get tired of my replies to your sharing your life with "I'm glad you're OK". I dunno what to say. I worry so about you. I wish you didn't have to go through this. I *am* glad you're OK. All the muscle is from pulling weeds in American Fork. :-)
Christa said…
Weeds? No way. My guess is all of that retching has done it.
Marilyn said…
Yes, Christa, I think you have the reason. It takes alot of stomach muscle to throw up not only what is in your stomach, but what is in your intestines too.
Cambrienelson said…
come on people! I have stomach muscle because I've got a 6 pack!! I'm buff!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results