FYI-- I talked to Cambrie briefly this morning. She was on her way into the hospital with another clogged tube. I guess that Kiera is very sick too, with a fever of 103 degrees for the last couple of days. Poor thing hasn't been able to sleep for the last couple of nights. I guess that she has an appointment tomorrow. Cambrie was at the hospital when Brigham was finally able to call her after his 30+ hour shift, and she couldn't talk, but in case Steve has the chance to read this-- from the limited facts Brigham has, he would take her to the emergency room.

Although we are overall doing better than the Nelsons, the Dastrups have been hit by the plague this week. Brigham got it the day before yesterday and spent all day in bed or over the john. Then yesterday he had to go in and work a 30 hour shift although he was weak and still unwell. I spent all yesterday evening cleaning and trying to disinfect the house. But it was futile. I woke up with it in the wee hours of the morning and therefore had to cancel Jacob's big evaluation that we've been waiting months for. Benjamin came down with it around 1:00 (thank goodness he is finally old enough to be able to throw up in a bucket or the toilet!), and Jacob around 3:00. Our dear friend made us dinner, but no one was well enough to eat it! Poor Brigham got home around 2:35, and although he volunteered to stay up and help out, I sent him to bed. What a day! Like Brett said, it makes you appreciate more what poor Cambrie must be going through!

Comments

Gramps said…
Oh yuck yuck yuck. What's going to happen with Jacob's evaluation?
Gramps said…
....and I wonder how Cambrie is getting along without live in help. ??
Erica said…
Oh no! So sorry, Christa!
Cambrienelson said…
I'm sorry dastrup family! It is so hard to be sick AND care for sick kids (2 of them!). Fortunatly, as long as my tube is working I"m not that sick so you have me beat on level-of-illness. I'm so sorry!!!!
Marilyn said…
I talked to CK this morning, she and the boys are doing better (friday). It is really a trial to try to keep up with 2 very sick kids when you are very sick yourself!
Chad said…
AAGH!! Get better peeps!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results