Movie Review: Enchanted
The real world and the animated world collide. I liked this movie a lot though it had some problems. I always hate a character in a sci-fi or scary movie that has overwhelming evidence before them that something is not normal yet they act like they really don't get it. I mean, comon folks....the girl sings and has everyone in the park singing and dancing and they guy acts like it's something just slightly out of the ordinary....or she has pigeons and cockroaches and rats cleaning the apartment and he does nothing besides shoo them out then acts like everything is normal. I don't care if it is fantasy, he's supposed to be "normal" and normal people just don't act like that. The first 5 minutes of the movie I wanted to gag it was so sickening sweet, but that fits into the rest of the movie and, hello! This is Disney. Like I said though, I really liked it. There were a lot of funny moments, my favorite is when the animals just finished cleaning the apartment and a pigeon reaches over and eats one of the cockroaches. I smiled and laughed most of the way through and at the end I was sad it was over. Like Marilyn said, I bet they had a lot of fun writing this one.

Comments

Chad said…
Erica and I saw it a while back. We enjoyed the movie, but didn't like the ending.
Erica said…
Cute story, but I don't like the morals it teaches at the end, that it's okay to just leave your "true" love for some fleeting love. At least that's how I felt.
Gramps said…
Interesting. I saw the end in a totally different light. To me it said that true love is something more than just a single encounter and infatuation based on nothing more than position/good looks. In the story it really showed that true love is something that starts with nothing and grows with experiences. She really didn't have "true love" with the prince or anything like it. It turns out he was a self absorbed dummy and really didn't have true love for her...he just liked what cute thing he happened to see in an instant.
Christa said…
We saw the movie last week and enjoyed it a lot. I felt the same way Dad did about it-- that she learned what real love is instead of infatuation.
Erica said…
Maybe I'll need to see it again, but I just remember thinking, "Wait, but what about the girl that guy has been dating forever, and what about her (the princess's) engagement?"
Unknown said…
Just saw the movie last week (most of it - I may have slept through part). Gonna have to side with the side that says it was good to not marry someone based on "Love's First Kiss," that an actual meaningful relationship needs to happen.

And yeah, I thought that the synchronized flash-mob dancing crew in the park was a bit much for a story that is purporting to be a fairy tail person entering the "real world". I could accept the animals more, as you could imagine that the animals would respond to an originally imaginary fairytale person, as after all, they are imaginary to begin with. However, the point of being cast to our world is that it's not supposed to be like it was for her... so no dancing from real people please.

I can't say it was a favorite movie of mine. I wouldn't pop it in again to just watch it. It was entertaining. Like Donald Duck was on Saturday morning cartoons. But I was in good company while watching it, so I enjoyed the time.
Cambrienelson said…
saw it. I'm sure Kiera will love it someday. I enjoyed how they were creative in mocking the every-day fairy-tale and using characters who looked alot like previous disney characters

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results