Blog Hog

Lydia is getting to the stage where she loves animals. She loves me to point them out in books. Oh, today Lydia said her first word (where she definitely indisputably knew what she was saying). We were at Toys-R-Us just hangin' out passing time and we found a little baby doll and crawls and makes babbling noises. Lydia LOVED in and was trying to smother it wtih kisses. I told her it was a baby. Whenever I tried to take it away or walk away she would start to cry and reach out for it "Baby!" We've recently inherited a ton of free stuff. I little old lady down the street from us bought this outfit for kiera. As you can see she wasn't thrilled. I guess we won't have a modesty problem with her. We also recently were given a sandbox with sand from our neighbors as well as a beach umbrella, 2 wetsuits, and 2 MORE boogie boards (we now have 6). We must be living right or something.
I remember Chad used to frequently win the Scary-Hair contest. But today after my girls woke up they tied for first place.

Kiera and I made pink cupcakes because she'd never had them before and we've been reading the book "pinkalicious" from the library. She loved them and was frequently caught trying to steal some from off the counter (which is was the little girl in the book does ) so we had to put them on top of the fridge (which is what the parents in the book do).


Other news: My little opinionated Lydia has officially decided that she no longer will eat food off of a spoon. She would rather starve that eat food that I feed her. All she'll eat is finger food. the trouble is that she only has 2 teeth. So, she's eating a lot of cheerios, bread, black beans, peeled grapes and peaches. Maybe I'll try giving her the spoon and see if she can start feeding herself a bit (brave I know). Lastly, I finished my BSN degree today. Graduation isn't until next month and you can bet that we will be having a ceremony... at home.

Comments

Chad said…
Fun stuff. I'd be nervous about my little girl running around in the outfit your neighbor bought for Kiera. It's probably for the best that she doesn't like it.
Erica said…
Congratulations on being done!! I bet that feels so good. I love reading about the little ladies, and great pictures, too. :)
Gramps said…
I love blog hogs. I thought *I* was the one with the scary hair this morning. Kiera looks like she really likes pink cupcakes! As for graduating with a BS degree...WOW>>>>>CONGRATULATIONS! Lots of hard work and dedication. Good job.
Christa said…
Yeah, Cambrie! You deserve extra credit for finishing while mothering 2 kids! Gorgeous girls!
Marilyn said…
YEAAAAHHHHHHH for you Cambrie! That was a hard won degree interupted by 2 Hyperemesis Pregnancies, and adding trips to Utah and the top of the California mtns to do Clinicals. But a great accomplishment! I am proud of you for finishing!
Love the pictures of the little ladies! Sounds like you better be careful what you read to Kiera! :)
Yes, if I remember correctly Chad was 2 when he jumped of the couch to fly like superman that landed him with stitches!
Malesa said…
I'm crashing the Groneman blog again. I'm sorry. I like to read about what your family is doing. I'll admit it. Cambrie - I think you should give Lydia the spoon. It's what I had to do with Aubrey who refused to let me feed her. They make a HUGE mess, but at least they eat other things besides finger foods. She will get really good at it really fast too.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results