NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE!

So there I was, being a good aunt, minding my own business, and pushing Kiera and Lydia on their tree swings in the back yard when BOOM/FLASH!!!!!! I heard the LOUDEST boom and the BRIGHTEST flash i've ever experienced in my short life! I felt a jolt of electricity go through me(literally) and was scared half to death! yes, lightning had struck a tree about 6 houses down, less than a half a block away from Cambries house and had lit it on fire. There had been a lightning storm going on all day in our valley but I never in a million years thought it would strike that close! Needless to say, I got the girls and we went inside very quickly. After cambrie came home about 5 min later, we went and took a walk to go see the tree that was hit. That was when the movie above was taken. It was a very scary experience.

In other exciting news (at least for me), I get to go part time at my job next month and I'm going to be in Utah for 2 weeks starting on either the 28th or 29th. I only have about 64 school days left till I graduate! I'm super excited!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
I'm super glad it decided to hit THAT tree, and not the large tree that my 2 daughters were swinging in! Its crazy that it was so close!
Stevo said…
Another reason why California is such a dangerous place to live in!
Gramps said…
Someone up there needs to improve their aim. That is so cute that Kiera is immnitating Jacob. I got a big smile out of that. Steve...you're right.
Erica said…
I'm glad you're okay. yikes!
Marilyn said…
Repent, repent! The end of the world cometh!!
Stevo said…
that...or God has bad aim and was trying to hit our house b/c there's diet COKE in our fridge...BUFF!!!
Marilyn said…
Buffy, I thought you were giving up on carbonated drinks! TSK TSK!!
BUFFY said…
Hey! It was DIET coke and it was CAFFIENE FREE!!! That and it is no longer in the fridge. It got tossed about 5 days ago.
Gramps said…
Why'd ya toss out a perfectly good diet coke?!?
Stevo said…
that explains why we're not having any more thunderstorms today. Thank you Buff!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results