Dastrups Again



From Steamworks Animas Half Marathon

Our big news of the week was the half marathon that we ran yesterday. It took place in Durango, CO, and was absolutely gorgeous! The course was a lot hillier than we were expecting-- including a 2 mile climb to the finish, which was pretty painful-- but it was still really nice. Brigham did really well-- finishing in 1:43, and I did fairly well, finishing around 2:03 (I don't know my time exactly yet since I wasn't wearing a watch and they haven't posted results yet). It's the first race we've done in 2 years, and it felt good to run one again.

Benjamin hit a couple of balls completely over the house behind us, so Brigham owes him $5. Too bad he has to use that to help pay for the library's CD that he left within Jacob's reach and was subsequently eaten. Jacob LOVED a trip to the fire station this week when Brigham was doing an ambulance ride-along day. We literally had to drag him away from the fire trucks when it was time to go. Ty continues to be the smiliest baby on the planet. He rolls all over now-- front to back and back to front. He still sometimes gets mad about being on his stomach when he's tired, but not like before.

From Fire Station 6-18

Only nine shopping days left before Brigham's 30th birthday...!

Comments

Erica said…
Way to go, you guys!! I am so impressed with all the half-marathoners in our family. I've been considering a triathlon, but I just have no motivation for a "running-only" race. We'll see what happens. You all motivate me!
Gramps said…
I imagine Jacob's excitement at seeing such big fire trucks up close! Eating a CD....Hmmmmm....I wonder how they taste? I would think the texture was a little rough, but hey....everyone needs a little roughage in their diet. The next half marathon you can do it Christa...you can beat Brigham! Go girl!
Cambrienelson said…
Good job on the run guys! Christa you are amazing considering how fast you had to train for that thing!
Fun firetruck picture. I love how Jacob loves his trucks and cars.
Marilyn said…
No wonder they ran so fast! They have wings on their tummies!
Congratulations, kids! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results