The Robins declare War!


So, one thing, we forgot to mention in previous blogs...when we went out last Monday to remove the tree stumps and trees that were in the way of the playhouse...we noticed a mother robin who was perched on her branch close by, watching our every move. I figured that she must have a nest in a nearby tree, and sure enough, I spotted it. She didn't do anything but observe, until I went in the house, but then she started diving at Kim!

Well, yesterday, when he hauled the plywood over for the floor...it was just too much for her. AND she had pulled new resources into her war! So the 3 Robins went ALL OUT on their attack of Kim, dive bombing him, all at once! until they ran out of ammunition! Thank goodness for that! He came in the house to get something and he had at least 5 spots of bird do on his shoulders and back! I never knew until now that birds could plot against us humans, nor that their bird-do is used as a weapon!

I know you are wondering about the nest: It was safe. We never disturbed that tree, but it was right next to Kim's project, and the baby birds must have been told that it was time to get out of Dodge, because yesterday they vacated their nest. One of them was down in the entrance to Brett and Katie's place yesterday...not quite sure about how to get out!

Comments

Gramps said…
There were three robins dive bombing me....hitting my head...I didn't know I was covered in bird doo until Marilyn saw my back.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results