Dastrup Update



Dastrups are still alive and kickin', believe it or not. Brigham has just started his EMS/ultrasound rotation, which is the last of his 2nd year-- hooray! So far the schedule is MUCH better than anything we've had this year, so we are loving it!

I finally feel like I'm getting my feet back under me, but I still don't dare take the 3 muchachos many places by myself, so I'm trying really hard to find things that can entertain the kiddos here at home all summer. Like Cambrie mentioned, I am training for the Durango Half Marathon in 2 weeks. I don't plan on it being my best time ever since I didn't have enough time to train properly, but I'm just excited to run it. A friend from the ward is going to run it with me, so we are enjoying doing our long runs together. Oh, and I only finished 3 strokes behind Brigham in a game of mini-golf that we played yesterday-- and that's with Ty strapped to my chest-- I was pretty much awesome...

From May 2009


Benjamin REALLY wants a lizard for his birthday (along with about a hundred other things). Brigham tried to convince him that fish would be cooler, but he's not budging on this one. His new passions are basketball and baseball, and he's actually pretty good at both! He keeps hitting all of our balls over the fence, so Brigham gets a workout retrieving them. This week he moved into Jacob's room and thus now enjoys all of the benefits of being Jacob's roommate.

From May 2009


Jacob moved back into a toddler bed this week, and (knock on all surrounding wood) thus far it has been a success. He stays up and plays for about an hour and then crawls into bed and goes to sleep. Last time we tried this experiment he was up around 5 am every morning, but so far that hasn't happened (although I did find him asleep on the tile floor of the kitchen at 5:20 this morning-- but he slept there until about 6:15!).

From May 2009


Ty's smiles continue to light up the whole universe. He is definitley the smiliest baby we've ever had-- it's adorable! He's turned into a wiggle worm who will never be in the same place you put him down anymore. He started rice cereal last week and tried peas today. He tolerates the rice with only a few grimaces, but the peas earned a serious "what-the-nasty?!?" face.


So that's us!

PS-- This is Benjamin's story. Whoever comes up with the closest translation wins their own personalized story! I'll give you a hint: It starts with "A racecar..."
From May 2009

Comments

Chad said…
I'm glad you're all doing better... Better rotation, better sleeping, all around better. It is a bit of a bummer that y'all are not ready to leave the house with the trio, but the fact that you're surviving inside even is great.

Bring on my own personal story.

"A racecar is fast and cool. They are amazing and they're stupendous and they're awesome."

You just have to think like a Benjamin.
Erica said…
I'm really impressed that Benjamin knows "stupendous."

Cute video, too. :) Fun that Ty is eating cereal and peas, kind of.
Gramps said…
Good job Chad. Benjamin is right...Ty is good at Kung Foo fighting and tug of war. Looks like Jacob really liked the race cars on the cereal box! Benjamin looks like he'll be an excellent basketball player...oh, and for anyone that wants to see the rest of Christa's pictures, click HERE There's some real cute ones there that she didn't put on the blog.
Cambrienelson said…
I love Ty's cute little squeeks. What a sweet boy! I need to see him again! The picture of Jacob made me laugh.
I'll bet it was the shock from mom and aunt cambrie when Benjamin made a basket at the park that sparked his interest in improving. What a boy.
Marilyn said…
Thats some pretty impressive writing and picture for a pre-schooler!
Love the video of the boys. We know Jacob doesn't EAT cereal, so is Kim right?
Thanks for sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results