Fun stuff about my girls

Kiera was sitting on my lap yesterday holding her blankie while I was doing some homework. Out of nowhere she said ".....Kiera come out of mommy's tummy.....Lyida come out of mommy's tummy.....BLANKIE come out of mommy's tummy!" Um, no Kiera-- blankie did not come out of mommy's tummy...I think I would have remembered that"

Lydia is into food storage lately. She stratigically throws food from off of her tray onto the floor and then 5 minutes after I let her loose from her high chair (and clean her up) she's off to go eat the food she threw down. Smart girl.

We have a new little tradition (well, we've done it twice) of going to get ice cream. Kiera, the one who formerly didn't like ANY desserts, now likes icecream. So we go to Rite Aide which is about 1/4 mile away. The first time we went Kiera got it on a cone which was fun but it made a huge mess as it melted and she wouldn't eat the cone anyway; so yesterday we had them put it in a cup with the cone on top. Lydia was fussy (strapped in the stroller teething with an ear infection). And we were trying to have some fun so I had the brilliant idea of giving Lydia kiera's cone. I wish I would have had my camera (buff had it at the beach) because Lydia LOVED the cone. She held it in her hands and munched clear down one side of the cone to the bottom of it. I had to pry it from her tiny patti-cakes to turn it a bit so she could munch some more and you should have seen the little tantrum and the scream she let out as I took it from her! She ate the entire thing which was amazing and screamed every time I tried to turn it for her. There isn't much ice-cream eating atmosphere inside of Rite-Aide so we went next door to a little medical- buisness plaza that had a ton of stairs and ramps. Kiera was in heaven (ps-- Lydia can now climb stairs). Kiera had more fun running up and down stairs and raps than she does at disneyland. It was a fun 30 minute break from Steve's studying. ONE MORE WEEK AND I GET MY HUSBAND BACK!!!

Ps. Happy fathers day to dad. Thanks for being such a great dad (and Gramps) I think it is so fun that you are willing to put so much work into a playhouse for your grandkids (even when you are not exactly pain-free). That is love. We love you!

........Oh, and I'm waiting to hear how the dastrup's half marathon went.....

Comments

Gramps said…
Cute girls....Kiera told me all about her ice cream on the video conference today. I'm surprised she still loves stairs...I would have thought she would be over that by now....and it sounds like Lydia is joining her.
Chad said…
Sounds fun. I can see Lydia complaining when you're rotating the cone so she can get some more. Little kids are so funny. We're going to try to keep Emmy from Ice Cream until she's a year old. We'll see how that goes.
Cambrienelson said…
Lydia wasn't eating ice cream-- just an empty cone.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results