Munch, Munch, Munch!

Yesterday I participated in a randomly occurring cookie harvest. Yes, we harvested many chocolate chip cookies from our oven. It was a good day for it since it was a cool, rainy day. Most of the cookies are for the large extended family father's day gathering today. But we've stashed a cache of cookies away in our freezer for hard times when there is no cookie harvest.

While I was participating in the cookie harvest, I was also watching Emmy. At one point Emmy was complaining, so I went and picked her up and took her outside to watch the rain. We sat down under an overhang, with Emmy sitting on my lap, and just watched the rain fall on our little garden. She was so content, watching the rain. After about five minutes, she spit up on me, and I noticed little black flakes in her spit. For those of you who are not familiar with the spit of babies, black flakes is a good indicator that they've been eating something they're not supposed to eat. I picked her up and turned her around, to find that she had one of her books in her hands, happily chewing on a corner. I didn't even know she had the book 'till I saw it then. She'd chewed off a corner to one of the pages. I managed to get the biggest piece out of her mouth, but I have no doubt there was some of it that she had swallowed.

Here's a picture of the book. The bottom right corner is not intended to have a large square missing from it:

Comments

Christa said…
That's what you get for not sharing your cookies! Besides, it looks like she was just trying to cut out the circle-- what an advanced little girl you have!
Cambrienelson said…
At least you found out about it before it came out the OTHER end.
Cookies? I believe you have our mailing address.... : )
Gramps said…
Yea...you sit and eat cookies and all she has is a book...what's a kid supposed to do? Reminds me of the girl in "Series of unfortunate events". What a kid!
Marilyn said…
Yes, Breanna really "eats up" those books too!
The smell of cookies probably made her hungry! So something had to be eaten!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results