The Brett update, in the name of procrastination

I haven't posted on here for a lil' while now. I'm supposed to be writing a paper. My one assignment I have left for the nursing program... and I'm putting it off. Why? 'Cause I don't wanna homework! That's why!

So Katie and I are in life transition mode right now in lots of ways. We're moving in less than a month, and are slowly packing up things and taking them home. It'll be a much more active project once school gets out and our trip to Oregon in May is over.

We're
flying away to Oregon for Wendy Young's wedding -- for those of you who remember Wendy.

Katie's done with her student teaching, so she's looking for and applying for jobs teaching at the high schools around here, and at UVSCiversity.

P.S., It's fun to brag about my wife to people -- like today, someone asked me at clinicals about her, and was very impressed that my wife was about to get her master's degree. And then I told them about how she's only had A's in her entire transcript. I'm so glad our future (yes, very "
future") kids will be half genious.

Meanwhile, I'm graduating in a couple of weeks or so, and am therefore applying to UVSCiversity's RN to BSN program, and if I don't get in that, I'll be hoping to get into BYU-I's program. Yet another thing we have to wait to hear the word on, so I know where I'm going to school for the next two years.

And then as for my job, I applied to the IHC RN residency so I can keep working where I'm currently working. And IHC is a good company and I'd like to stay with 'em. IHC's new rule is that all new grads have to go through the RN residency. The problem is that last time, they had 60 applicants for 14 positions. I think this time there's about the same number of positions. This time they opened up the application period for 2 days and some hours. After it closed, my manager called me up to make sure I had applied for it. He said that they already had over 100 applicants for it. Yes, I applied. And I know a handful of people who missed the opening.

So right now we wait. We wait to find out if I'm getting in the RN residency at IHC. We wait to find out if I get in UVSCiversity's BSN program. And we wait to find out who wants to hire Katie to teach.

In the meantime, I want to plan out summer vacations, and I can't because we're waiting on all of this stuff... Oh yeah, and because I should be writing papers instead.

Comments

Erica said…
I LOVED the summer vacation pic. I laughed out loud when I saw it. :)
Cambrienelson said…
Yep- peru looks fun.

Moving, new jobbing (for both), and new schooling options. Man, if I was good at math I could tell you how many differnt possible options of life you could have in the next few months.
Gramps said…
I was gonna tell you something but I think I'll make you wait.......
Marilyn said…
He BLOGS! Good to hear from you on this blog, Brett!
Gramps said…
Ok...I guess you waited long enough. Our junk is cleared out of that basement appt. It's all yours.
Katie Groneman said…
Soon to be filled with all our junk! Who knew we had so much stuff?
Unknown said…
Yeah, we'll have plenty to put back in there. Thanks for doing all that work for us. I told you that you didn't have to...

And yes Cambrie, Peru looks fun. We're toying with the idea of trying to find a way to get either there or somewhere else fun after all of these many options settle down and get decided... For now, we wait.

And it's probably the best Llama picture I've ever linked to on a blog... Glad you enjoyed it.
Erica said…
We still have your cookie sheet in our living room. I'll have to dust it off/clean it again before we give it back. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results