Why we walk every morning

While your mother has been gone, I've had to take my morning walks by myself. I don't like doing that, but I've been dilligent none the less. Here's some facts about my/our morning walks:

* Walking 20 minutes can add to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 miserable months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.

* An example: My friend's grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60...now he's 97 years old...and they haven't a clue where the heck he is.

* Marilyn & I have to walk real early in the morning before our brains have a chance to figure out what we're doing.

* Our morning walks is one of the few chances I get these days to hear Marilyn heavy breathing again.

* We have to do our morning walks because we once joined a health club, spent $400 and it didn't do a lick of good. Apparently you have to actually go there.

* You know I have gotten heavier as I have grown older. That's because so much more information is stuffed into my skull. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

* I'm actually getting quite a bit of exercise getting over the hill and pushing 60 every day.

* Anytime your mom calls our walks "exercise" it's like saying a dirty word. I have to wash her mouth out with European chocolate.

* And last but not least, some advice from dad: If you're going to start up any cross-country walking/hiking/biking/etc. I'd suggest you start out with a very small country like the Vatican.

Comments

Katie Groneman said…
I could do with some European chocolate - who knew that all I had to say was "exercise" to get it!a
Marilyn said…
Hey, I am going to remember that!! (But it hasn't ever worked with the Euro Chocolate to say exercise before! YOU OWE ME BIG< BUD!!)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results