Yesterday, I had 3 crowns removed (mouth, people) and replaced with temporaries. The teeth all had cavities in them where the gums had receded below the crowns. It took nearly 2 hours to get it all done...and I had a very sore jaw for quite a while, but that isn't my point here. So this morning I woke up to something that felt just like one of those cotton rolls they put in your mouth to keep your flesh away from where they are working. I thought, "how strange that they left a roll in there without my noticing it all day yesterday!" But when I pulled it out, it was my earplug! I REALLY don't know just how that got in there...unless I was assisting the dentist in my dreams...

Yesterday also, Kim took the Prius in to get it inspected and get the oil changed for my trip to New Mexico today. Problem was, they had a new person working on it that didn't know what he was doing, and he drained the antifreeze and they weren't even sure what it was....nor what they should do about it (maybe they never worked on a hybrid?) , so Kim was sitting there waiting for the car to be done for like 4 hours. The manager of the place made all kinds of phone calls trying to make sure they were doing the right thing to fix the problem they had created. Well, Kim got online this morning to do more research, and found out they had not done it correctly, so now he is sitting at the Toyota dealership while they fix the problem before I do my 1000 mile journey (round trip). So, here I am. So much for getting there early! But I would rather be delayed than have it strand me in the middle of some desert between here and there!

Comments

Gramps said…
Yes, your mother (or MIL) has left the building. Yes, she left me. All alone. Alone. All alone. [sob]. She got off to Albuturkey about 10:30 am which will put her there about 8:30 pm or so. Cambrie, I got your voicemail for mom but you'll need to call her in NM for dress advice. [sob] I miss her.
Erica said…
I hope you didn't have to pay for that "oil change"!!!
Unknown said…
Yeah, are they paying for all of that? I'd certainly hope so.

That's why I only bring my Suzuki to the dealership. And it's not even a hybrid or anything fancy like that.
Stevo said…
Loved the dental story! No one else commented on that so far, but I thought it was great!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results