It's that time again

time for the Nelson weekly update:

Yesterday there was a knock at the door and it was my next door neighbor(wife of an ER doc with 1 child in college). She had arms loaded with "easter gifts" for my girls. There was at least $250 worth of clothing toys, etc. Kiera was particularly excited about the red dress, matching hat, sunglasses, purse (complete with money, a brush and chapstick inside), 2 pair red shoes.... and the list goes on and on. I guess it pays off to be nice to your neighbors even if there dog who is 5 feet from your bedroom window barks at night.

Lydia is officially scooting around on her tummy now...and getting into things. She enjoys unloading anything that she can get ahold of. She has get to figure out how to sit up from a laying position so there are many things she can't reach, but it is just a matter of time.

Kiera was super excited about her new red attire. She loves red. Oh, something new that she has been doing is hiding steve's shoes in the morning (if he can't find his shoes than he can't go to school right?). If steve gets to his shoes before she does she'll take the one that he is not currently putting on and go running down the hall as fast as she can to hide it. The poor little lady misses her daddy-- as do the rest of us.

I started my last and final nursing class. This is my favorite type of online class: we have 28 tests which are all open book. So I could just take them all and have the class overwith in a few days if I really tried (other than the clinical portion). For my last and final set of clinicals I FINALLY found a place in southern california to do them. The bad part about it is that I have to travel up to the tops of the mountains to a random "mountain community clinic" and it's going to be like an hour and a half away. Yuck. The interesting thing about it is that it happens to be the closest health facility to wear aunt nadine (or whatever her name is now) lives. Beings that it is such a small place and that Nadine is such a MEMORABLE lady, I'm sure someone there will probabably know her or remember her.

Steve continues to study hard for boards. We see little of the man of our household. It makes me respect Christa for what she went through in medical school (oh and I guess you too brigham) since I know that medical school woes don't end after 2nd year as ours soon will. Once boards are over Steve is going to have a ton less studying to do and although he'll have to spend alot of time in lab, once he is home he can pretty much participate in family life. So, the countdown is on. Boards are to be taken June 29th. We shall endure to the end.

Comments

Gramps said…
The mental pictures of Kira running with the shoes and Lydia scooting around made me smile. Seriously, I wouldn't mention Nadine (good thing you don't know her new name) to anyone as you don't want to give her ANY little excuse at all to start harassing you. She has taken many people to court for imagined wrong doing, but it still takes time/money to fight it. Nope..she's one person you don't want to even acknowledge knowing....ever.
Marilyn said…
Go Lydia, go! You've got a lot of search and destroying to do to catch up to your mom's antics at your age...and as for catching up with Jacob EVER, Just forget it! You have NO chance!
Sounds like pretty smart 2 year old! :)
Christa said…
Cambrie, yes I know your pain. I'm so glad that it will be over for you relatively soon!

I'd love to see pictures of Kiera in her new red duds!
Chad said…
I think it's funny that Kiera steals her Daddy's shoes. Good anecdote!
Erica said…
I love your stories, Cambrie.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results