CAMBRIE and STEVE, just how far from the fires is your close foothills (which, for those of you that haven't been there, is about 7 houses down the road from the bottom of the foothill)...???

There is great concern in the Haslem Family for Aunt Nadine tonight. She lives in Running Spring, California, as you know. You may or may not have heard that on the news that over 150 homes have burned in Running Springs.I have been there. It is not a large town by any stretch of the imagination. I have no idea if her house is one of the many that have burnt there or not...but the fire isn't out yet, and her home is in the midst of a lot of old pine trees, so if the wind takes it her way, it will burn. I fear the worst, but I can only hope for the best. With her crazy thinking, nobody in my family wants to take her in. No one would feel safe. Keith said that he would try to contact her but that he thinks she had a land line. Even if her home hadn't burned, it would have been evacuated by now...so she wouldn't answer anyway. So, I guess what I am asking for is for ya'll to say a prayer for Nadine....while you pray for the rest of those nearly a million people who have been displaced down in California.

Comments

Gramps said…
Their house isn't surrounded by pine trees and brush. In the news pictures I've seen, the fires are burning in heavily wooded or brush covered areas. In the hills above Cambrie's house there's barely enough dry grass to cover the dirt.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, that is a relief, but I heard them say on the news this morning that this fire may march all the way to the sea...burning whatever in its path.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results