Dad wants to hear an update on how the new job is going. Well, so far, the job is about what can be expected from a grocery store manager job. I'm still just training on the way that they do things. They've got a different computer system in Provo, so I have to figure out that one.

In more commical news, I've got a little story from work. I think a sixteen year old wrote me this note on Monday. The story gets worse. It was my second shift working at the new job. The first shift had been a week earlier. Anyhow, one of the little baggers comes up to me and hands me a piece of paper from her friend's friend... Yes, from her friend's friend. Are we in Junior High still? Well at least I'm not. Anyway, bagger girl hands me a folded piece of paper and says, "Here, this is for you. It's from [I can't remember the actual name] Jane's friend." I put it in my pocket. Later, I remembered it, opened it up, and read it and thought it was really funny. I don't know who the author of the note was. I don't know who the "friend" was. I don't even remember which bagger gave it to me. And I haven't called the number. I make it a point to not date sixteen year olds (or younger). And so do the laws prohibiting things like that.

And if she's not sixteen, then what is a 21 year old doing writing a note in the first place? Especially when the guy doesn't even know who the girl is? And beyond that, why is she giving it to her friend, to give to her friend, to give to me? That's just weird.

Most of the other supervisors and/or managers there thought I was married. So I don't exactly look sixteen either apparently.

Comments

Gramps said…
Well, when you find out who "Krystal" is, bring her down gently. Tell her you would love to go with her, but because of the age difference and store policy, you don't think it's a good idea. Ignoring or slamming her wouldn't be good....and when the other girls that *are* prime pickings hear of what a gentleman you are, they'll come pounding at your door....
Gramps said…
Man, I wish I was around to give myself advice when I was a teenager......[sigh] Maybe I should start a column in the paper.
Cambrienelson said…
Why is it that Groneman's seem to attract a *special* sort of breed from the opposite gender?
Chad said…
You can never tell with girls... They don't seem to get past High School 'till around 21. Some are a little slower than that.
Christa said…
So, why didn't ya scan the note? Afraid of the reprisals? Love, yer mom

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results